If you have a job opening, let Workforce Advantage Academy fill that position with a capable student eager to learn and succeed in the position. Students work part time. Two students can job share a full-time opening.
Employers play a key role in Workforce Advantage Academy’s success. By supporting this innovative approach to education, employers provide students with job skills and work experience while gaining a capable staff member.
Workforce Advantage Academy aims to match students’ interests and competencies with the businesses’ needs. Our business development officers monitor student work performance and resolve any work-related issues. We seek mutually beneficial solutions.
Benefits for Employers:
- Employees are closely monitored by academy staff to ensure job satisfaction for both the employer and student.
- Potential reduction in employee turnover rates
- Potential for well-trained, full-time employees upon the student’s graduation
- Recognition as a participant in all Workforce Advantage Academy publications
Responsibilities of Employers:
- Provide appropriate training, supervision and job placement for each academy student
- Prove job placements that begin at minimum wage or above with the potential to progress to a living wage level
- Participate in meetings with academy staff at the job site to discuss student progress and work performance
- Inform academy staff of any potential problems related to student performance and seek solutions that we mutually beneficial for both the student and the employer.
Current Workforce Employers
WORKFORCE SUCCESS STORIES
Our mission at Workforce Advantage Academy Inc. is to create learning environments for high school students, particularly those rising juniors and seniors who desire a different approach to reach their potential. Through attendance at Workforce Academy, our students develop the academic, employment and social skills that they need to build rewarding lives and promote positive change in their communities.